School will be back in Session. The kids are excited to go back and are already got the itch to go get there school supplies. This year Bubba is going to go to our local school as getting to the charter has become a challenge. He is so excited and can't wait to start and make new friends and see the ones that he has made from boy scouts. I on the other hand am nervous for him some of the new things he will get to do:
1. Ride the bus - Oh my he has to get out of the house on time and to the end of the road to catch the bus. I so hope I don't get a call the first week saying "Mom I missed the Bus"
2. There will lots of kids - He has been in a very small school of 100 and there are about that in the intermediate school that he will be going to. The school is 3rd – 5th grade so there will be lots of kids and new friends.
3. Clothes – I hope he has all the right stuff as we are going from a uniform school to jeans and t-shirts are the norm and my idea of appropriate for school seems to be very different from others.
Now on to Monkey she is excited to be starting a new daycare here next week. She is going to continue to work on preschool stuff at home 3 days week with her other daycare provider and at home as well. But the new daycare 2 days a week will have her out and helping on the farm. She is so excited as am I so that she gets lots of outside time and learning by doing time. We are also continuing www.starfall.com with her and making lots of progress. We are going to move on to beginning reading with her this year as she wants to read so bad and she has letter recognition down very well now. I am working on helping her put it all together. I am also going to start working on writing with her. She can do some letters but I know she could do more if she would just try. I need to find some good websites for homeschooling a pre-k child and also some good workbooks for her.
Well that is our school update for now.
Monday, August 03, 2009
5 Weeks and Counting....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
You are such a terrific Mom!
Post a Comment