Well today started out like no other until around 7:15 AM this morning that is when I got a page on my pager for a structure fire on my pager. Well this is nothing out of the ordinary for me most of the time it is just another day but today when I look I had to look twice as it address was for my neighbors side of the duplex. Next the phone is ringing and it is D calling to say she just called 911 and we have smoke detectors going off in the duplexes and no sign of smoke but smell of electrical. So I whip a U turn in Oregon city going around the block back to the home all the while trying to get the first person to pick up there cell phone from work to let them know I have a small issue brewing and I am going to be late with the next call being to the Maintenance guy to get him in route as well. (ok am I scared as these are our homes but still thinking the best). I got home in record time but safely at this point my DH has called to say he has heard from the Fire Department and it looks as all is well but I still said I would head there as we still did not know how D was and all. So I got home to fire trucks and D and family in the front yard. (nothing like calling the fire department to your home when you are on the dept.) It was nothing big just a furnace that had seized and quite working (the duplex behind us had the same issue in December) So will killed the power to hers and ours until we could get maintenance out and the Heating people. The duplexes are fine, hers stuck for a bit so the her Dog hung at our house while hers aired out and I opened our side up but it was not bad. We spend the day waiting on Maintenance and Heating people as not only is hers dead in the water They said ours was next so we have power to ours but shut off and we have to manually turn it on if we want heat for safety. We are so glad that D had school conferences today and did not have to go into work or the day could have been a lot worse then it was. So Wooo Whooo to a late start for D today. So DH has tomorrow and Monday off to wait for the furnace to be installed in our place. I don't want people walking thru the place with out someone here. There are creepy people out there now days. With any luck tomorrow will be nice and quite
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Post a Comment