Friday, April 11, 2008

The sun is coming for the weekend...

I can't wait to get off work today. I gots 7.5 hours to go as of this moment and it can't go fast enough. The weather for today and tomorrow goes like this: 65 today 75 tomorrow. I can get outside and work in the yard, the kids can go and play, ride bikes and just be kids.

Last weekend I picked up a bunch of flower seeds for the front beds. I am excited to be able to go and weed the bed and get them looking good for the spring. I also need to edge the yard and get it ready for the summer months. The sticky weed and wild blackberries have taken over one bed and of course it is the one that has rock in it for decoration. This should be oh so much fun, Last week I was able to pull a bunch but there is tons to go. There is also an area near the same bed where Grass just will not grow so I am going to edge it out nice and clean it up so that I can plant a some shade flowers there. It is just going to be an addition to the beds that are already there. Out back we are going to make bed about 3 ft wide I think around the fence line so that we can put in more vegies than last year. I really want to grow more vine stuff with out it taking over the yard.

Here is what I am hoping to plant in the garden this year:

Corn
Peas
Tomatoes
Yellow and Red pepper
Pumpkin
Squash
Zukes
Watermelon - 3 year trying to get it to grow :)
Potatoes
Strawberries - Already in and going to town!!!
Radishes
Sunflowers
Herbs - Rosemary, Cilantro, Dill, Lavender, Mint, Orangono
Cukes
Raspberry - Already in and going to town as well
Lettuce
Radishes

I think that is it, I tend to plant a variety of each item so that we get tons of stuff. If I get overkill I can also set up at the end of the road and sell the left overs for cheap. Hey I might even put them out for free or take them to the day care.

0 comments: